The city attorney’s office provided this directory of complaints about Parkway Liquor dating to Jan. 1, 2019.
GV Wire? contacted Parkway Liquor. The phone was answered by a man and said, ” “We don’t have actually to utilize the town. We now have no nagging issues at all. ” He hung up before providing their title or title.
- Feb. 13, 2019 – inoperable vehicle parked in a driveway on jack stands (case closed)
- Sept. 26, 2019 – non-permitted electrical, junk/rubbish (instance closed)
- June 5, 2020 – graffiti issue (addressed)
Parkway Liquor sits regarding the edge that is south of row in west Fresno. City Council Member Miguel Arias claims it is a known meeting destination for pimps dispatching sex workers across the roadway. (GV Wire/Jim Jakobs)
Safe Marketplace Neighborhood Ordinance
The council in 2019 passed a recommended ordinance — the Safe marketplace Neighborhood Ordinance — requiring that brand new organizations planning to offer liquor in Fresno must buy a preexisting permit instead than include another.
With regards to the measurements of this establishment, multiple alcohol licenses could be required.
Examples for new establishments would consist of:
- Retail square footage significantly less than 10,000 foot shall transfer two ABC licenses in good standing, and surrender those types of to ABC.
- Retail square footage between 10,000-30,000 legs shall move three ABC licenses in good standing, and surrender two of those to ABC.
- Retail square footage more than 30,000 square foot shall transfer four ABC licenses in good standing and surrender three of these to ABC.
Another stipulation within the ordinance would be to reject a conditional-use license to a start up business if granting it might bring about the amount of web sites attempting to sell alcohol for off-site usage surpassing one permit for each and every 2,500 residents.
The thing is, Arias states, that ordinance try here could be circumvented.